I’ve gone ahead and given you some tips to ensure your day is stress free and flawless for your spring session! Listen up!
- Wear layers. Spring can be finicky in the sense that you can go from frigid to over heated in a matter of minutes. I suggest wearing layers — tank top, tee shirt, cardigan, scarf, etc. That way each family member can peel off, or add, a layer as they see fit and remain comfortable throughout the session.
- Location is a big deal. You better believe we’re going to take advantage of the fresh, warm air and all those buds popping up from the ground and in the trees. If you have any favorite location, let me know! I have a nice list on hand as well!
- Play into the colors of the season when choosing your family’s outfits. Fresh pops of blue, pink and yellow are always a hit in the springtime. I recommend choosing a color scheme for the whole gang, then slightly deviating from that with accessories to keep things interesting.
- Speaking of accessories: WEAR THEM! Choose jewelry, scarves, or prints that play into the spring theme.
- Time it right. Book a session too early and you may miss out on those spring buds. Book too late and you’ve already wandered into summer territory. Keep an eye on the weather and give your photographer a call when the time is right.
- Incorporating props. Spring offers some beautiful backdrops where props blend in perfectly. For example, old wooden chairs look stunning in a sea of blooming rose bushes, and a quilted blanket is lovely on the fresh, free grass.
- Really think about your footwear. Spring can often mean soggy ground, so flip-flops or heels are not the best choice. Instead, wear something that’s comfortable and spring appropriate, like loafers, flats or boots.